Along with concluding memorandums of understanding on cooperation with quality assurance organizations in other countries, NIAD-QE’s exchange activities include information and personnel exchanges, joint projects, and joint international workshops. Here are the list of international partners and examples of international cooperative activities.
International Partners with bilateral Memorandum of Understanding
|QAA (Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education)||UK||Feb 2007|
|HEEC (Higher Education Evaluation Center of the Ministry of Education)||China||Sep 2007|
|HKCAAVQ (Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications)||Hong Kong||Mar 2010|
|NVAO (Accreditation Organization of the Netherlands and Flanders)||The Netherlands and Flanders, Belgium||Jun 2010|
|EP-Nuffic||The Netherlands||Jun 2010|
|KCUE (Korean Council for University Education)||Korea||Aug 2010|
|MQA (Malaysian Qualifications Agency)||Malaysia||Mar 2011|
|BAN-PT (National Accreditation Agency for Higher Education)||Indonesia||Mar 2011|
|HCERES (The High Council for the Evaluation of Research and Higher Education)||France||Mar 2011|
|HEEACT (Higher Education Evaluation and Accreditation Council of Taiwan)||Taiwan||Jun 2011|
|TEQSA (Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency)||Australia||May 2014|
|GAC (German Accreditation Council)||Germany||Oct 2015|
|ONESQA (The Office for National Education Standards and Quality Assessment )||Thailand||Mar 2016|
Examples of International Cooperative Activities
Japan-China-Korea Quality Assurance Cooperation
NIAD-QE, in cooperation with HEEC (China) and KCUE (Korea), has organized the Japan-China-Korea Quality Assurance Council and is working on joint projects to promote inter-university exchange among the three countries, with a specific focus on quality assurance. This council has been conducting a joint monitoring program looking at quality assurance of student exchange programs carried out among the universities of the three countries, within the framework of the CAMPUS Asia.
ASEAN Plus Three Quality Assurance Expert MeetingComparability Exercise on Quality Assurance Processes and Outcomes Between MQA and NIAD-QE
This Expert Meeting is a platform for free-discussion and exchange of views among quality assurance agencies from ASEAN and the Plus Three countries (Japan, China and Korea), especially with an aim to discuss on how quality assurance agencies can contribute to enhancement of student mobility programs in the region.
- • Inaugural Expert Meeting (6 March 2014, Hanoi)
- • 2nd Expert Meeting (17 October 2014, Bali)
- • 3rd Expert Meeting (3 September 2015, Manila)
Comparability Exercise on Quality Assurance Processes and Outcomes Between MQA and NIAD-QE
In 2014, NIAD-QE and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) established a Joint Technical Committee (JTC) and have been undertaking a comparability exercise on the quality assurance processes and outcomes related to bachelor’s degree programs in Japan and Malaysia for more than three years. As a result of this project, the JTC identified a high degree of similarity in quality assurance practices of both agencies and the two parties signed the Statement of Confidence on Each Other’s Quality Assurance Outcomes in July 2017. We hope the outcomes of this project will help to promote the mutual trust of higher education systems in both countries as well as the quality assurance practices carried out by NIAD-QE and MQA.
HKCAAVQ/NIAD-QE Joint Workshop
These workshops are held to exchange academic staff, especially, young researchers as a cooperative activity of NIAD-QE and HKCAAVQ.
- • 1st Workshop (1 February 2013, Tokyo) ‘Changing Higher Education Landscapes of Japan and Hong Kong from the Viewpoints of Quality Assurance’
- • 2nd Workshop (29 September 2014, Hong Kong) ‘Recognition and Quality Assurance in Higher Education and Transnational Education Experience Sharing from NIAD-QE and HKCAAVQ’
NIAD-QE/TEQSA Staff Exchange Program
This program provides NIAD-QE and TEQSA with an opportunity to exchange knowledge and latest information on each other’s quality assurance activities.
- • The 1st exchange program was held in February 2016. NIAD-QE accepted two TEQSA’s staff members and offered a one-week program. Please see the brief report by TEQSA’s participant. Please see the brief report by TEQSA’s participant.
- • The 2nd exchange program was held in February 2017. TEQSA accepted three staff members from NIAD-QE and offered a one-week program. TEQSA and NIAD-QE realized the mutual visits through the exchange program. Please see the brief report by TEQSA.